Friday, September 29, 2017

Tel Aviv in August

At the end of August my nephew got married in Israel and this was a good reason to come to a short visit and to spend a week full of family activities in my homeland. It was really very hot and humid so I didn’t spend a lot of time walking through the streets as I use to do, when I visit in March. Tel Aviv has several beautiful alleys which are shady and pleasant in summer. This one is Sderot Chen.

I was lucky and the Tel Aviv urban sketcher had a meeting on the one Friday that I was there. I joined them at the flea market in Jaffa. This flea market is quite a big area which is open every day of the year, full of stands of vintage, antik furnitures shops, old and new clothes, cafés and restaurants. Specially on Friday morning it’s very crowded as most of the people in Israel don’t work on friday. I found there a nice shaded corner and tried to catch the atmosphere around me.































Some pic. from the meeting with the creative sketchers of Tel aviv